Friday, October 1, 2010

Visa - Accepted Everywhere; Assertiveness

...except at the vehicle registration's office.  The only reason they still used it was that it's a Bank of America card.

I just now noticed that Visa's Everywhere slogan has been "shelved", though.

My car is registered, inspected, and gassed up.  I bought this month's diapers and I'm about to eat lunch with a friend.

After my car was inspected, the man that inspected it complimented my daughter's radiant beauty.  Of course.  He then said that he has a 7 month old daughter.  I asked if he was helping his girlfriend or wife with the baby.  (He's near my age: which is young.)  He said proudly, "No, she does everything."  I gave him a funny look and said, "Uh, maybe you should try helping her out a little.  She lucky to have you with the baby - but only if you help."

I've noticed that I've become increasingly assertive and opinionated.

When my neighbors fought over cigarettes, I rolled my eyes and said, "Just go home.  That's the stupidest thing ever to fight about."... as I walked up the stairs with my daughter.

People seem to respect me when I'm being assertive, but I should probably be cautious about who I'm giving my opinions to - so brashly.

No comments:

Post a Comment